The big weekend starts with a bang and I’m sure that there would be the surprising twist and turns in this IPL 2017. RCB continuing their poor form in this season and the chances to qualify for the playoffs have taken a huge hit. Another disappointing batting line up from the RCB, where Virat Kohli tried to save the team with the half century but there is no support from the other end and they lost to RPS today at Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune.
RPS came to bat first and Rahanae failed again but the middle order batsmen Tripathi (37 runs) Smith (45 runs), Tiwary (44 runs) and MSD (21 runs) managed to set the team total of 157 runs in 20 overs. Pawan Negi of RCB bowled a terrific spell and all the RCB bowlers tried their best and restrict the opponent to score big target.
The chase was so dramatic and again there was a complete collapse of the batting line up except Virat Kohli everyone went to the pavilion with single digit mark and Kohli the captain tried his best and scored the highest of 55 runs for his team. Ferguson notable performance with the ball and took 2 wickets for just 7 runs. Imran Tahir again strikes with the ball and took 3 wickets spoils the RCB Play-offs dreams.
DT Christian (1 wicket), Washington Sundar (1 wicket) and Unadkat 1 wicket) helped the team with their bowling performances and they moved to the 4th position in IPL points table. Let’s see some important highlights of the match here.
- Tripathi (RPS) played some useful innings of 37 runs from 28 balls (1 six, 4 boundaries) captain Smith who scored 45 runs from 32 balls (1 six, 5 boundaries) after the loss of 1st
- Tiwary who was quite impressive in this IPL season again surprised the visitor with 44 runs from 35 balls (1 six, 4 boundaries) and proved his consistency.
- MSD joins with Tiwary put 21 runs on the board from 17 balls that includes 1 six and 1 boundary.
- Negi (RCB) terrific spell of 4 overs 18 runs with a wicket really helped the team a lot in bowling side.
- S Badree bowls well with the spell of 4 overs 31 runs with a wicket. Still need some improvement to bowl in a tight line.
- Virat Kohli wonderful innings of 55 runs of 48 balls (1 six, 4 boundaries) struggled a lot for the team and ends in vain.
- Ferguson got the man of the match award for the splendid spell of 4 overs 7 runs and 2 wickets.
- Imran Tahir, the key bowler of RPS bowled 4 overs and took 3 wickets for 18 runs wipe RCB batsmen and helped the team to get some important points in this IPL.
Watch out the complete collapse of RCB here- https://goo.gl/M3bL4e