Kimichi also called as kimchee or gimchi is an ancient fermented Korean side dish. This is made of vegetables with a variety of seasonings. In traditional preparations, kimichi is stored in the underground in jars to keep cool and unfrozen the rice during the winter time. There are many varieties of dishes can be made by using this kimichi including Kimichi fried rice. Kimichi can be from cabbage, radish, scallion, garlic or cucumber as the main ingredients.
We can make the Kimichi fried rice recipe in several different ways. This will be the best option for nutritious dinner idea. Kimichi rice is exported by almost all best quality rice exporters. Kimchi is one of the hottest food trends today and it’s easy to see why. With a complex flavor, a variety of uses and an all-star nutritional scorecard, kimchi seems to have it all.
Health Benefits of Kimichi
- Well, fermented kimichi is known to have antibiotic features such as lactic acid bacteria produced in the fermentation process. This will suppress the growth of harmful bacteria in human’s body.
- This also prevents the growth of other harmful bacteria in the intestines. Kimichi also helps to prevent hyperacidity problems faced by meat eaters which occur due to the excessive intake of meat and other acidic foods
- It also helps reduce indigestion and gas problems caused by excess bad bacteria.
- It helps people to feel less hunger. Lactobacillus, one common strain of good bacteria has been linked to appetite control. A good bacterium helps stabilize blood-sugar levels which mean less frequent and less intense hunger and fewer fat storage hormones.
- Some studies have shown that kimchi can shorten the duration of a cold. Other studies have shown that kimchi can help clear up yeast infections and UTIs (Urinary Tract Infections).
- The juice and salt from kimchi help to keep the intestines clean.
- The chili peppers and garlic help to lower blood cholesterol and are an aid in blood clotting.
- The ingredients that added with kimichi are low in calories and sugar but contain high amounts of fiber, vitamins A and C in particular, and minerals such as calcium and iron.
- It also has high levels of Beta Carotene. After 3 weeks of fermentation the levels of B1, B2, and B12 double. The lactic acid is efficacious in the prevention of adult diseases such as obesity, diabetes, and gastrointestinal cancers.
The kimichi fried rice mix is pickled and fermented which was a natural way to preserve the vegetables for the winter months. Cabbage is the most common vegetable used to make kimchi although radish, cucumber, and scallions are also quite common. There are hundreds of kimchi recipes that vary depending on the region and season in which they are produced.
Kimchi’s flavor is complex and varies widely depending on the recipe. The main flavor notes you’ll find in kimchi include sour, spicy, and umami. The flavor will also vary depending on the vegetables, the length of fermentation and the amount of salt or sugar used. Kimichi fried rice is good in taste wise and health wise.
634 total views, 1 views today