You have been using many text editors to record, edit or save text for your work. Some of them are Notepad, Text pad, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and a few more.
Microsoft Excel is a massive tool that lets us improve productivity by building great charts, using conditional formatting, helping identify trends, bringing data together, and many more.
It is vital to have expertise in Microsoft Excel and prepare to become a professional at it with these useful excel keyboard shortcuts. The real benefit of mastering these excel shortcuts is that you can time performing actions manually.
Useful Keyboard Shortcuts:
- To format any selected object, press ”ctrl+1”
- To insert the current date, press ”ctrl+;”
- To insert the current time, press ”ctrl+shift+;
- To repeat the last action, press ”F4”
- To edit a cell comment, press ”shift + F2”
- To autosum selected cells, ”press alt + =”
- To see the suggested drop-down in a cell, press ”alt + down arrow”
- To enter multiple lines in a cell, press ”alt+enter”
- To insert a new sheet, press ”shift + F11”
- To edit an active cell, press ”F2” (places cursor in the end)
- To hide the current row, press ”ctrl+9”
- To hide the current column, press ”ctrl+0”
- To unhide rows in the selected range, press ”ctrl+shift+9”
- To unhide columns in the selected range, press ”ctrl+shift+0”
- To recalculate formulas, press ”F9”
- To select data in the current region, press ”ctrl+shift+8”
- To see formulas in the worksheet, press ”ctrl+shift+` (ctrl+~)”
- While editing formulas to change the reference type from absolute to relative and vice versa, press ”F4”
- To format a number as currency, press ”ctrl+shift+4 (ctrl+$)”
- To apply the outline border around selected cells, press ”ctrl+shift+7”
- To open the macros dialog box, press ”alt+F8”
- To copy the value from the above cell, press ”ctrl+’ ”
- To format the current cell with comma formats, press ”ctrl+shift+1”
- To go to the next worksheet, press ”ctrl + shift+ page down”
- To go to the previous worksheet, press ”ctrl + shift + page up”
So, we hope that you guys will make use of these quality shortcuts in your work. Do not need to use them immediately. Gradually incorporate them into your daily tasks and see how you can simplify things by reducing manual efforts.