Don’t just have a Heart-have a healthy heart:
Heart disease is the leading killer of men and women. By adopting better eating habits one can lower cholesterol, reduce blood sugar level and prevent from heart disease. Simultaneously, weight control, regular exercise, and healthy diet lower the risk of heart attack by 80%. Once you know which foods to eat more and which to eat in limits you will find your track towards heart-healthy diet. The best ortho hospital in Chennai will cure heart disease.
Check your plate:
Overloading your plate and stuffing your stomach can lead to more calories than you should. Saturated fat no more than 5-6% should be added in your diet plan. Avoid trans fat. Learn how to ditch the junk and give your body the essential nutrients it needs. Many heart specialist in Chennai advice patients to keep sodium in a limit. Prefer eating organic dairy products. Keep your tongue away from packaged foods especially those high in sugar.
Health line tips:
- Limit your portion size: What we eat is more important than how much we eat. Using small plates and cups can help to reduce the portion. Eat more portions of high-nutrient foods.
- In-take of Vegetables and Fruits: Adding more of vegetables and fruits can cut back on high-calorie foods. Vegetables and fruits are sources for great strength.
- Avoid unhealthy fats: Try to skip unhealthy packed snack foods. Cholesterol can easily boost up which may lead to building up of plaques increasing the risk of a heart attack.
- Pick whole grains: Grains are a good source of fibers and proteins. Whole wheat flour, high fiber cereals, and Whole grain pasta can be chosen.
- Create daily menus: Variety can make your snack and daily meal interesting. Make sure menus are filled with proteins, vitamins, minerals, and fibers.
Healthy eating plans for women:
Heart specialist in Chennai have found the best body secret, “STOP HUNGER” not just cutting calories but satisfying your body with the right kind of foods is essential.
|Rice, cereals, potato, other carbs||¼ of your plate|
|Proteins like fish, pulses, meat||Palm of your hand|
|Nuts/ seeds||As a snack or part of your meal|
|Bakes like brownies (snack)||2 of your fingers|
|Cheese||As a snack or part of your meal|
|Butter/ nut butter (no more than 2 times a day)||The tip of your thumb|
|Popcorn/crisp (as a snack/treat)||2 of your cupped hands|
10 Superfoods for your Heart:
- A handful of healthy nuts such as walnuts or almonds
- Flax seeds – take them in milled form for higher benefits
- Dark beans such as kidney beans, black beans- they are high in fiber content
- Veges- Carrots, sweet potatoes, red peppers are packed with vitamins to help your heart
- Spinach should be a must in the everyday meal plan
- Fruits like orange, papaya are rich in potassium
- Eat fish which is high in omega
- Tomatoes are naturally contented with vitamin C, and alpha and beta- carotene
- Berries are all time favorable to heart’s health. Try blueberries, strawberries, cranberries
- Oatmeal is said to be “powerhouse” of nutrient.