Here Are Top 8 Interview Question To Keep In Mind While Hiring A Python Developer
Learning how to program using Python is one of the most desired skills in the software engineering space. Python is a highly flexible and intuitive programming language. A python developer is someone who specializes in writing code in Python.
Before you hire a Python developer, you need to ensure that they know their stuff. The Python developer’s quality will have a significant effect on the quality of the code that they can write for you.
They need to understand the nitty-gritty of the language so that they can write code that is both effective and without any bugs.
You may not know a lot about Python yourself. Hence you can use these questions to understand how well your interview candidates understand Python. If you are looking to hire python developer, here are the top eight questions that every Python developer should know.
What are the significant features of Python?
These features of Python help it to stand out from other programming languages:
- Python is considered to be an interpretive language. Since it is an interpretive language, you do not need to compile your code before running it. It is different from other languages like C and C++, which need to be organized before running it. Other interpretive languages are PHP and Ruby.
- Python can be written dynamically. Since it can be dynamically typed, you do not have to state the types of variables before you assign values to them, unlike other programming languages. For example, you can type “y = 77” along with “y = I like butter” without receiving any errors for your code.
- Python allows you to define classes while defining inheritance and composition, making this language more suitable for object-oriented programming. This language does not have any access specifiers, unlike C++.
- While using Python, you need to know that within Python functions are first-class objects. Hence, these objects can be assigned to variables or passed into functions or returned from other features. The classes in Python are also considered to be first-class objects.
- Python can have several different types of applications. You can use Python for automation, web applications, big data applications, scientific modeling, and so on. Python can be considered the glue that holds other programming languages together since it can work with many different languages.
How do you manage memory in Python?
To be able to manage memory in Python, you need to know about Python private space heap. Every Python data structures and objects are kept in a private collection.
Even though the programmer does not have any access to the private heap, the language interpreter can take to managing memory in their stead.
Python has a memory manager that assigns heap spaces for the different objects in Python. The programmer can gain access to some tools to help them code by using the core API.
All the unused memory in Python can be recycled, and that memory can be made available to the heap space. It is done by an inbuilt garbage collector.
What is the difference between xrange and range?
In many ways, both xrange and range are very similar when it comes to their function. Both these functions are a way for you to produce a list of integers that can be used in any way that you need.
However, there is one significant difference. When you use range, you receive a Python list object. But when you use xrange, you receive an xrange object.
Hence, you need to know that you cannot generate a static list during run time by using xrange. However, you can do so by using the range. Instead, xrange can use a unique technique called yielding to make values that you may need. Yielding can be used with an object type that is known as generators.
Hence, if you ever need to make a list for a vast range, such as a range of one trillion, you need to use xrange to do that.
How will you capitalize the first letter of strings?
Using Python, you can use the capitalize () method to capitalize the first letter of a string. If the string already has a capital letter that it begins with, the command returns to the original string.
What does len() do?
It is used to check the length of an array, a string, or a list, etc.
Explain Inheritance in Python?
Inheritance allows you to make one class receive all the members (which could be methods or attributes) of a different class. Inheritance is a way for you to generate more code reusability. It makes it easier to maintain and create an application.
The class deriving another class is called a super-class, while the class inheriting from a super-class is known as a child-class.
Different types of inheritance are supported by Python. These different types are multiple inheritance, hierarchical inheritance, multi-level inheritance, and single inheritance.
How do you abstract data in Python?
Data abstraction is a process that you need to use if you want to provide only the required details to your audience while at the same time hiding the implementation from your audience. You can achieve this process in Python by using abstract classes and interfaces.
How are SciPy and NumPy different from each other?
In a perfect world, NumPy would have nothing more than the array data type along with the most simple operations, such as elementwise functions, reshaping, sorting, indexing, and so on.
All parts of your numerical code would be part of the SciPy. But you need to know that one of the primary goals of NumPy is to be compatible. It is why NumPy makes an attempt to try to have all the features that are or were supported by its predecessors.
If you are doing any scientific computing, then you should have both NumPy and SciPy. Most of the new features work in SciPy and not NumPy.
It can be a long-drawn process to find the right Python developer for your needs. Python is a significant language, and finding the right coder can be of the utmost importance.
These questions can help you weed out candidates and find the ones who know their way around the language. If you are looking to hire mobile developer or any other type of developer as well, the research needs to be thorough.