How to be Beautiful Without Makeup
You know women who refuse to be seen without their makeup perfectly applied. You most likely know women who won’t spend time on cosmetics at all. If you wear makeup, you may feel that some days the “benefits” just don’t seem to be worth the extra effort. It’s okay. You can be beautiful without makeup. Beauty is about how you feel.
Most commercial skin care products make a lot of empty promises. Many contain questionable chemicals. With natural products, you can care for your skin without having to worry about chemicals damaging your body or harming the environment.
You may want to try using natural oils in place of your regular cleanser. Natural products encourage skin health and are a great alternative to traditional cleansers. Oil dissolves oil, so it will remove impurities without stripping the moisture from your skin.
Cleansing your skin with oil is easy. Simply massage the oil onto your face and wipe away with a warm washcloth. You can even apply a small amount of the same oil to your skin after cleansing to replace your usual moisturizer.
- Castor oil
- The essential fatty acids in castor oil promote healthy cell membranes. Castor oil is thick. You can mix it with olive oil to thin it, or you can try olive oil on its own.
- Coconut oil
- Naturally antibacterial, antiviral and, anti-fungal, coconut oil will clean your skin and prevent acne. Rich in vitamin E and antioxidants, coconut oil can prevent cellular breakdown.
- Argon oil
- Providing many of the same benefits as coconut oil, argan oil is less greasy. Argon oil will balance the natural oil production and keep your skin hydrated.
Before applying essential oils to your skin, they should be diluted with water or a carrier oil to eliminate the risk of irritation or chemical burns. Any skin friendly oil will do. Essential oils are plant oils that are very concentrated, and many have been used throughout history. You choose your oil depending on the results you need.
- Frankincense can help with pigmentation and tighten your skin
- Geranium oil to condition your skin and add moisture
- Chamomile for sensitive or irritated skin and rosacea
For expert advice on natural skin care, look for an esthetician who specializes in holistic cosmetology.
Frame Your Eyes
A well-framed eye attracts attention without makeup. You may be comfortable tweezing or waxing strays on your own. If you are tempted to reshape your brow, you may want to visit a cosmetologist to have your brows professionally groomed.
- Eyebrow tweezing is the most detailed and accurate shaping method
- Waxing is best if you have coarse or thick hair
- Eyebrow threading can be done quickly by an experienced esthetician
Maintain Your Hair
Natural beauty does require maintenance, whether you choose to wear makeup or not. Optimal hair care starts with a trim every six weeks or so. If you have a very short style, you may need more frequent visits. Natural products can keep your hair healthy between trims.
- Try coconut oil as a deep conditioner. Apply the oil to clean hair, wrap in a towel for 30 min, then shampoo
- A drop of argon oil can be rubbed on your palms and then to dry ends or flyaways
- Diluted rosemary oil can help your hair grow longer and thicker.
You can trust your licensed cosmetologist for all of your beauty needs. From eyebrows to pedicures, your beauty professional is well-trained. Your cosmetologist studied hair styling, skincare, and nails for an average of 12-15 months at a private school approved by your state. They even took a make up course. After completing beauty school, your practitioner had to pass a written and a practical exam. Additional coursework, like holistic skin care, required even more education. A cosmetology license has to be renewed every few years, so your favorite professional stays up to date.
By visiting your esthetician or cosmetologist, you can be makeup free and still present a polished image. Good health and good habits show on your skin. When you combine professional services with a healthy diet and proper hydration, you will be on your way to feeling your best. You will be beautiful without makeup.