IPL 2017 Match 11 – KKR vs KXIP – Comfortable Run Chase
Kolkata Knight Riders came back strongly after a loss with MI and completed a big eight wickets win over Kings XI Punjab at Eden Gardens. The home ground is an added advantage for the team so they chased comfortably with the spare of 21 balls remaining against KXIP.
KXIP’s winning run in IPL 2017 came to a grinding halt at the Eden Gardens as they were outclassed both with the bat and ball. KKR captain Gambhir unbeaten 72 guided the team to a comfortable win. But this time Sunil Narine, who opened the batting for KKR, scored an 18-ball 37 to set the platform.
KXIP who batted first started brilliantly but lost momentum in the last five overs and managed only 170 from 20 overs. After Hashim Amla & Manan Vohra steady start, the middle order has fallen very shortly then the David Miller and Saha (KXIP) partnership started to set a momentum with continuous sixes and boundaries where we expected a huge score from KXIP.
Unfortunately, there was a twist in one over. Yes, Umesh Yadav who bowled very nicely in death overs picked three wickets in an over. Even though we can see some misfielding from Sunil Narine he proved his performance with bat and the ball too. His outstanding spell of 4 overs 19 runs and 1 wicket helps a lot for the team.
The chase of 171 is not easy on this ground but Gambhir and Narine 76 runs partnership ease the pressure of KKR and rest of the player Uthappa (26 runs of 16 balls) and Manish Pandey (25 runs of 16 balls) help KKR to push the team to first place in points table of IPL 2017. Let’s see some important highlights of the match.
- Glenn Maxwell started well with the bat scored 25 runs in 14 balls with 1 six and 3 boundaries but failed to score big.
- David Miller scored 28 runs of 19 balls with 2 sixes and Saha scored 25 runs in 17 balls with 2 sixes. This partnership helps KXIP to set a challenging target of 171.
- Umesh Yadav, the form continues after the test series picked up 4 wickets at the right time and he gave only 33 runs from 4 overs.
- Sunil Narine, the man of the match who performed well with the bat scored 37 runs from just 18 balls with 3 sixes and 4 boundaries. Also, he impressed with the spell of 4 overs 19 runs with a wicket.
- Gambhir in-form batsmen of KKR rocking start of 72* runs in just 49 balls with 11 boundaries and registered their power packed performance in this IPL 2017.
Watch out the interesting run chase highlights here – https://goo.gl/1d0nMJ