Sunrisers Hyderabad remains unbeaten at home and maintains their terrific form in this IPL 2017. At Rajiv Gandhi, International Stadium yesterday SRH beat Delhi Daredevils by 15 runs. SRH opted to bat first and the opener David Warner failed to start fallen shortly in 2nd over of the innings. The entry of New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson who was playing his first match in this IPL surprised the visitor with the half century.
The partnership of 136 runs in 14 overs between Kane Williamson & Shikhar Dhawan managed to get a competitive total of 191/4(20). Shikhar Dhawan top-notch innings of 70 runs and Kane Williamson outstanding innings of 89 runs helped to set their team up for a mammoth score.
Chasing the target of 192 runs, Sanju Samson started the momentum and steered the innings with Karun Nair and they added 71 runs for the 2nd wicket in 7 overs. After this wicket, Rishabh Pant who failed to impress and Shreyas Iyer (50) & Angelo Mathews (31) tried a lot better but DD fell short by 15 runs in the end. Let’s see some highlights of the match below.
- Kane Williamson brilliant knock of 89 runs from 51 balls (5 sixes, 6 boundaries) laid a strong platform for SRH and awarded man of the match for his massive innings.
- Shikhar Dhawan joins the party with his partner Williamson and played some excellent innings of 70 runs of 50 balls (1 six, 7 boundaries).
- Chris Morris (DD) bowling spell is very impressive he bowled 4 overs and he gave just 26 runs and took 4 wickets.
- Shreyas Iyer unbeaten half-century from 31 balls (2 sixes, 5 boundaries) expected the good end but Delhi Daredevils lost wickets at regular intervals and crashed to a 15-run defeat.
- Yuvraj Singh was not impressed with the bat but he did some magic with the ball (1 over 6 runs & 1 wicket) and took the wicket of in-form batsmen of Rishabh Pant. That over may be the turning point of the match.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar the key bowler of SRH bowled a decent spell of 4 overs 29 runs.
Catch the highlights of the match 21 SRH vs DD here – https://goo.gl/UWuHUn