IPL 2017 – Match 28 – MI vs RPS – Rohit Comeback and Ben Strokes Strong Reply
Mumbai Indians was in terrific form in this IPL 2017 but yesterday at Wankhede stadium and they lost to Rising Pune Supergiants by only 3 runs. Bowling performance from RPS, especially in death overs, helped a lot for the team to taste the victory against the opponent.
A stunning spell from Tahir and Ben Strokes sealed the deal against MI. RPS came to bat first and the opening partnership between Rahane and Tripathi put 76 runs on the board and started well. The finisher MSD who played a terrific game in the previous match went to pavilion soon with 7 runs. Smith, Tiwary, Strokes put some runs on the board and they managed to get 160/6 (20).
Jasprit Bumrah, the key bowler of MI bowled nicely and took two wickets. Harbhajan Singh was quite good with his bowling spell and he registered the 300 wickets in IPL history. Following the chase, MI started well with the opener Patel (33 runs) and Jos Butler (17 runs). Rohit Sharma strong comeback fifty somewhat helped the team but in death overs, he can’t able to score runs and Ben Strokes (RPS) effective fielding and bowling restricted MI and RPS went to the 4th spot in the points table.
Let’ some important highlights of the match here.
- Ajinkya Rahane (38 runs of 32 balls) and Rahul Tripathi (45 runs of 31 balls) solid start helped the team to set a decent target of 161.
- Karn Sharma (RPS) bowling spell of 4 overs 39 runs 2 wickets and Bumrah spell of 4 overs 29 runs 2 wickets make the opponent to restrict to 160.
- Mitchell Johnson 4 overs 34 runs with a wicket and Harbhajan Singh 4 overs 20 runs with a wicket looks promising with the bowling attack.
- Parthiv Patel (33 runs of 27 balls) started well but can’t able to convert it to big innings.
- Rohit Sharma came back after poor performances in this IPL 2017 scored 58 runs from 39 balls (3 sixes, 6 boundaries).
- Ben Strokes who was excellent in the bowling and fielding yesterday and awarded the man of the match for his impressive bowling attack of 4 overs 21 runs and 2 wickets.
- Imran Tahir spell 4 overs 32 runs with a wicket played a vital role in the victory of RPS.
Watch out the complete highlights of the match here – https://goo.gl/O9UBEu