IPL 2017 – Match 31 – RCB vs GL – Another disappointment from RCB
Royal Challengers Bangalore really struggling this year in IPL 2017 and here another disappointing performance from RCB at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium on Thursday. Gujarat Lions who came strongly and defeated RCB by 7 wickets.
RCB came to bat with the strong batting lineup but again there was a complete collapse of batting and all top-class batsmen (Gayle, Kohli, ABD, Travis Head) return to pavilion quickly with single digits. Kedhar Jadav (31 runs) and Pawan Negi (32 runs) somewhat helped the team to set the target of 135 runs to the opponent.
Following the chase of 135, GL changed their batting line up where Ishan Kishan started the innings with Brendon McCullum. Magnificent innings from Suresh Raina (34 runs) and Aaron Finch (72 runs) blasted the Bangalore bowlers to all corners of the park and they pushed the team to 6th position in IPL points table.
The chase was not so easy in this stadium because of the due factor. Samuel Badree of RCB bowled very nicely and took both the openers quickly. But Aaron Finch started hitting some big hits and completed his 12th IPL half century. Let’s see important highlights of the match here.
- Kedar Jadhav scored 31 runs from 18 balls (1 six, 4 boundaries) and Pawan Negi scored 32 runs from 19 balls (2 sixes, 3 boundaries) helped the team to set a decent target on the board.
- Andrew Tye (GL) excellent spell of 4 overs 12 runs and 3 wickets impressed the visitor and he missed the hat-trick too.
- Ravindra Jadeja too very impressive with the spell of 4 overs 28 runs and 2 wickets.
- Ankit Soni, Faulkner, Thampi of GL picked up one wicket each for his team.
- Aaron Finch lightning innings of 72 runs from 34 balls (6 sixes, 5 boundaries) and Suresh Raina stands with the partner and scored 34 runs from 30 balls (1 six, 4 boundaries).
Watch out the complete highlights of the match here – https://goo.gl/TBQonp