We know that water is essential to our health, but many of us don’t drink enough. The problem with this is that you need to drink half your body weight in ounces each day. That means if you weigh 150 pounds, you should be drinking 75 ounces of water every day. As you can see, it’s easy to become dehydrated.
Dehydration is when your body doesn’t have enough water or fluids for all the important functions it needs to survive and carry out everyday activities. You need water not only to keep yourself hydrated but also to digest food, transport nutrients through your bloodstream, maintain the balance of electrolytes in your body, and more.
Getting enough water can even be as important to weight loss as a healthy diet or exercise routine! That’s why we want to share some tips on how you can trick your brain into feeling thirsty so that you drink more water throughout the day! And it doesn’t involve drinking soda or any other substance that is high in sugar.
Here are some of the most effective ways to trick your brain into feeling thirsty, so you drink more water throughout the day:
– Put a few drops of water into your mouth and swish it around to stimulate saliva. This will make you feel like drinking more!
– Keep a bottle with some ice cubes in the freezer for when you want to drink something chilled but not overly cold. Drinking extremely cold beverages slows down digestion because it takes longer for our body to process it. But cold water can cool down your body temperature and make you feel more thirsty in the long run!
– Eat a fresh slice of cucumber or a few slices of lemon for an easy way to add extra moisture into your mouth every day before breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks throughout the day. This is one of the best tricks for feeling thirsty because it works from the inside out!
– Drink a glass of water before every meal to help you feel full and eat less food. Drinking an adequate amount of water can keep your stomach healthy by regulating digestion, eliminating constipation, preventing certain cancers, improving energy levels and moods due to better circulation throughout the body, and more!
– Add a slice of lemon or orange to your glass of water. This is one of the most effective ways to feel thirsty because it adds flavor that you’ll enjoy drinking every day!
– Bloat up some foods like grapes and strawberries before they go bad so you can snack on them throughout the day.
– Add a little sea salt to your water to make it taste better and feel more thirst-quenching! This is one of the best ways to feel thirsty because you’ll be getting essential minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, iodine, sodium chloride (salt), phosphate, etc., all at once. Plus, this is one of the most effective ways to feel thirsty because it works from both inside out and outside in!
– Keep a water bottle with you throughout your day to make sure that you’re drinking enough fluids. The more you drink, the less often your body will tell you that it needs to conserve water by slowing down its urine production. This is one of the most effective ways to feel thirsty because you’ll drink more water throughout the day!
– Don’t rely on how much caffeine or alcohol that you have consumed to determine if you are dehydrated. Both caffeinated and alcoholic beverages may cause your body to produce more urine, which can prevent it from properly absorbing the fluids you are drinking.
– Set reminders on your phone to drink water at specific times throughout the day so that it becomes a habit! This is one of the most effective ways to feel thirsty because you’ll always have access to clean, fresh water every time you need it!
– Keep a water bottle with fruit slices or cucumber slices inside of it to make sure that the flavors last longer than just one day!
– Drink a glass of water when you wake up to help your body rehydrate after sleeping. This is one of the best ways to feel thirsty because by doing this, our bodies will absorb more fluids throughout the day!
– Drink a glass of water before going to bed. This is one of the best ways to feel thirsty because it will help you stay hydrated while sleeping through the night so that your body can fully absorb all fluids being consumed throughout the day.
– If you are exercising, drink extra water 90 minutes before and 45 minutes after exercise to replenish what your body has lost. This is one of the best ways to feel thirsty because it will help you feel much better throughout your workout and all day long!
– Swap water with milk or juice occasionally so that our bodies don’t become too reliant on just one fluid source. Swapping out fluids helps us keep hydrated throughout the day, which is one of the best ways to feel thirsty!
There are so many ways to feel thirsty, which is why it can be such a difficult habit to break. By incorporating just one of these tricks into your daily routine at the right time throughout the day, you’ll soon find that drinking water becomes second nature and may even become fun!