Millets are tiny balls that are power-packed with a rich source of nutrition. They also have a wonderful nutty flavor that’s missing from all other widely used grains. One huge benefit of eating millets is that it has a wide range of health benefits. Only because millets are so high on the nutrition they are so special that one feels full as well as satisfied after eating millets. There are a lot more health benefits when consuming millets that will be further discussed in this article and also why it’s so special and why can’t it be ignored.
Why Millets are good for you?
Adopting healthy eating habits is a good place to begin. Millets are an excellent choice to replace your regular food items. Millets are not only beneficial for humans, but they are also a major source of sustenance for birds and animals too. Accommodating millets in your daily food routine can benefit you in many ways.
- Millets are considered as one of the healthy nutrition content and also they are a rich source of minerals like iron, calcium, zinc, magnesium, phosphorous and potassium. For example, Ragi which is also known as Finger millet is very rich in calcium and bajra is rich in iron. You will get enough nutrition even while consuming these types of millets little.
- Millets also contain a good amount of dietary fibre and various vitamins. Millets are also rich in phytochemicals that are non-nutritive plant chemicals that have protective or disease preventive properties.
- Millets are antioxidants which protect the body from free radicals that can cause diseases like cancer.
- Many of the most powerful health benefits that offer are related to its fibre content.
Therefore, when considering these health benefits, one can never say no to millets.
Add millets to your daily diet
When it comes to daily diet consuming millets assure you best results. As Millets are versatile and easy to cook you can either cook them as side dishes, soups or include them in the main course. Many restaurants nowadays make millet dishes now, increasing their popularity. For example, if you want to prepare a quick snack, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Take 1 portion each of pearl millet flour and foxtail millet flour.
- Add salt and water and boil well to make a dumpling.
- Take a small ball of the dumpling and roll it like chapati.
- Keep frying in oil till it turns golden brown.
- Relish it with coconut chutney.
Millets are becoming popular as awareness about their health benefits is growing worldwide. Dieticians are incorporating them in weight management and diabetes control. Due to advanced technology nowadays, the husk is removed and millets are being made more palatable now. Such de-husked millets are used in various other preparations. Online shopping has made it more conveniently for people to access millets. However, most people rely on Wholesale millet supplier as they provide high-quality millets at a reasonable price. Thus, no one will ever say no to millets when considering its health benefits.